Robin Hood and the Bus

Last night, Will and I decided to skip the live theatre and we went to see the new Robin Hood instead. Now, I had read a review which stated that this particular movie was going to portray Robin Hood as less of a philanthropist, and the Sheriff of Nottingham as less of a villain, but whoever wrote that review was f-ing with everyone. It was the classic Robin Hood story, good vs. bad, but I must say that they did a very good job with it. It was really enjoyable. It was supposed to be the story of how this man became Robin Hood, and thus it ended with his band moving into Sherwood Forest. I had my initial doubts about Russell Crow as Robin Hood, but I was pleasantly surprised. If you're bored and want something to do, go see it.

Right before the movie I was having a blood sugar low. The reason why is because we went for dinner at an Italian place, and normally when I eat Italian food I must inject enough insulin to cover extreme amounts of carbs (pasta, bread, etc.). The thing is, though, that real Italian food doesn't have all that many carbs ... the pasta was a side dish, and the remaining food consisted of chicken, tomato sauce, and fresh mozzarella with tomatoes. Plus, we drank wine, and I've noticed as of late that alcohol has a tendency to lower my blood sugar when it's not coupled with things like margarita mix. So, in the end, my blood sugar dropped and so Will waited in a horrendously long line at the theatre to get me some British candy (really good stuff, too) to bring it back up. After that, I was fine, and we enjoyed the movie.

Now we're on the bus, on our way back to London, where we will catch another bus to Norwich. Will's mom is taking the afternoon and evening off of work to meet us, and then on Sunday (I think it's Sunday) I'll get to meet his dad and stepmom, Jan. I've really enjoyed Will's family thus far -- I loved his mom when I met her last January, and Sophie was a really amazing person as well.

The English countryside, which I'm viewing from the bus, is just gorgeous. I'm really loving this country, and am therefore dismayed at how quickly the days are flying by. Will is sleeping next to me on the bus, and because I'm feeling rather tired I would join him ... except that I don't want to close my eyes and miss the view.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. Glad you're having such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll be interested to hear what you think about Robin Hood, should you go and see it ... it's quite different from the Kevin Costner film we grew up with, but still the same ins and outs. But it's always interesting to discuss how movies should (and should not) play out with a screenwriter.

    ReplyDelete